Thursday 13 January 2011

Brief status update.

Work has kept me exceedingly busy over the last few days, and will be keeping me busy for the next week or so; hence the absence of other updates this week (until this evening) and likely some gaps next week.

There's been a few changes...

On the pen front:
  • I have added a c. 1952 Sheaffer Snorkel "Admiral" in pastel blue to the pen collection. It was expertly restored by Carol & Mike ("The Pen Dragons") who have an ebay store here. It writes excellently for a 50+ year old pen and has a really nice semi-flex vintage nib that varies between a fine and a medium line. I'll be doing a review of it soon.
On the ink front:
  • Private Reserve "Copper Burst" has been retired as I have found it not to flow as well as Diamine or Herbin inks; it has been replaced with Diamine Sepia (big thank you to my wife for my new bottle of this one!).
  • I've swapped my bottle of Diamine "Syrah" for a bottle of Herbin "Violette Pensée". My wife had decided she didn't like the Herbin one as it was "too purple" and I had decided that the Diamine was too close in colour to the other Diamine red ink I already had (Diamine "Red Dragon"). She likes her new dark red ink and I like my new purple one, so we're both happy!
  • A suprise gift from my wife arrived at work today - a bottle of Diamine's "WES Imperial Blue", and what a magnificent blue it is!
I've also got a couple of new blank journals on the way, but they haven't arrived yet.

I've updated my "Pens and Inks" page to reflect these changes and I'll be posting a handwritten note shortly with ink samples... watch this space.

Expect more updates including photos of pens over this weekend.

And finally, I've given the blog a "new look"

1 comment:

  1. Update: I can't get it to scan nicely at the moment.

    The Herbin "Vert Empire" is scanning as almost black, while the other colours aren't coming out too accurately either. I'll keep trying and will upload it as soon as I have a good version

    ReplyDelete